BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, AND ANY POLICIES REFERENCED BY THESE SITE TERMS, INCLUDING ANY SUBSEQUENT CHANGES TO THE FOREGOING. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE SITE TERMS OR ANY SUBSEQUENT MODIFICATION, DO NOT ACCESS, BROWSE OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE.
Other Applicable Terms
If you are a Mannatech Associate, your conduct while using the Site is also governed by the Associate Agreement, inclusive of the Policies and Procedures.
Copyright and License
All copyrighted and copyrightable materials on the Site, including but not limited to the text, design, manuals, product information, graphics, images, pictures, sound, videos, and other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Materials”) are ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2002-2019 Mannatech, Incorporated and/or its licensors.
Mannatech grants you a limited license to make personal use only of the Materials for information purposes only. This license is subject to these Site Terms, and does not include the right to: (a) use the Site or Materials other than for the intended purpose, including but not limited to any marketing, selling, or other commercial uses; (b) use framing techniques to enclose any portion of the Site, including any images found on the Site or any text or the layout or design of any page or form contained on a page; (c) publish, publicly perform or display, or distribute to any third party any Materials, including reproduction or hosting the Materials on any computer network or broadcast or publications media; (d) make derivative uses of the Site or the Materials or make any modification to the Site or Materials; or (e) any systematic collection or extraction of data through the use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods.
You are not conveyed any other right or license, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, in or under any patent, trademark, or proprietary right of Mannatech or any third party. Any unauthorized use of the Site will terminate the permission or license granted by these Site Terms and may violate applicable law, including but not limited to copyright laws, trademark laws (including trade dress), and communications regulations and statutes.
Requests for written permission to use the Site in any above listed manner should be sent to the Global Brand Services department at Mannatech, which can be reached as follows:
Global Brand Services
1410 Lakeside Parkway,
Flower Mound, TX 75028 USA
You are also advised that Mannatech, Incorporated (“Mannatech”) will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution. Notice of claims of copyright infringement of our web site materials can be reported to the Company by emailing email@example.com.
Trademarks of Mannatech and those of its suppliers or licensors may not be copied, used or imitated, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Mannatech or its suppliers or licensors. You may not use meta tags or any other “hidden text” using any of the above-referenced marks without Mannatech’s permission. Additionally, all page headers, graphics, icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of Mannatech, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without Mannatech’s prior written permission. All other Mannatech names or logos mentioned on the Site, or any other trademarks, registered or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by Mannatech.
If you believe your work or content has been copied and posted to the Site or the Review Feature in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Mannatech’s copyright agent the following written information in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Mannatech’s DMCA Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site is our General Counsel, who can be reached as follows:
1410 Lakeside Parkway Suite 200 Flower Mound, Texas 75028 USA
This Web Site
This Site is based in Flower Mound, Texas, USA. Mannatech makes no claims that the information located herein is appropriate or may be downloaded legally outside of the United States. Access to the Materials may not be legal by certain persons in certain countries. If you access this Site from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws in your respective jurisdiction.
You understand and agree that:
- Mannatech products are not designed for use in the treatment of disease or to substitute for a doctor’s care or proven therapy. Mannatech products are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Any product claims made by individuals within the content of this web site are based upon his or her personal belief, and Mannatech disclaims all liability for such claims that may be made. These are the statements of the individuals giving them and not of Mannatech.
- Any misuse of this Site will result in disciplinary action in accordance with Mannatech Associate Policies and Procedures, and any handling of such abuse shall be left solely to the discretion of Mannatech.
On certain portions of the Site, you may be able to post Content. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is your sole responsibility. Mannatech reserves the right but does not incur the obligation to monitor or control the Content posted on the Site and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Mannatech and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates any Mannatech Policies and Procedures or is otherwise objectionable. You understand that posting Content to the Site that is in violation of any Associate Agreement, inclusive of the respective Policies and Procedures, may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of and Associate. Under no circumstances will Mannatech be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Site.
You agree to not use the Site to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available the following:
- any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or any other form of solicitation;
- any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
Any Content submitted through the Site by users is submitted with the express understanding that the Content may be used without limitation by Mannatech or any of its affiliates, in whole or in part, for any purpose in perpetuity, including modification, reproduction, transmission, publication, advertising, press, publicity, broadcast, and posting in any media. You additionally agree that Mannatech is free to use any ideas, concepts, techniques, or know-how contained in any Content you send to or post on or via the Site for any purpose whatsoever.
DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE CONTACT INFORMATION IN ANY MESSAGE BOARDS OR OTHER PART OF THE SITE ACCESSIBLE TO USERS, INCLUDING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER, HOME, BUSINESS OR EMAIL ADDRESS. ANY POSTING OF SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS EXPRESSLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Links to Third-Party Sites
This Site and any other official Mannatech web site may contain links to sites owned or operated by parties other than Mannatech. Mannatech provides these links as a convenience only and does not endorse the companies or contents of any linked sites. Mannatech does not control, and is not responsible for the content or privacy policies on, or the security of, such sites.
Web site owners who wish to link their site to Mannatech’s must obtain prior written permission from Mannatech’s Global Brand Services department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revision to the Terms
Mannatech reserves the right, at its discretion, at any time, to change or modify the Site Terms that may be applicable to you, or any part thereof, and to impose new Site Terms and conditions. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately. Each time you use the Site the terms and conditions set forth in these Site Terms will apply to your use. Users of the Site should periodically check for changes to the Site Terms. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of changes to the Site Terms, or by other means by which you obtain notice of those changes, means that you accept those changes.
THE SITE AND THE MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT OR DATA DISTRIBUTED, DOWNLOADED OR ACCESSED FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. MANNATECH DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, AND CONTENT ON THE SITE. MANNATECH DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT MATERIALS IN THE SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, RELIABLE OR ERROR-FREE.
MANNATECH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO PRICING, TEXT OR PHOTOGRAPHY. WE CANNOT AND DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, INCLUDING CONTENT THAT IS POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES. YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA) WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS THEREIN OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF DATA. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK.
Although the contents of this website have been created with utmost care, Mannatech shall not accept any liability for the information provided on this website being up to date, correct or complete, nor for its quality. Liability claims against Mannatech for the use of incorrect and/or incomplete information shall generally be excluded, unless Mannatech has acted with intent or gross negligence.
Mannatech shall be entitled at any time to suspend, alter and/or delete entirely or partly the operation of the website. Accordingly, Mannatech does not accept liability for the uninterrupted availability of the website.
Although Mannatech will always endeavour to keep the Mannatech website virus-free, Mannatech does not guarantee its freedom from viruses. Before downloading any information the user shall make sure that he has security devices and virus scanners appropriate for his own safety and for avoiding viruses on Mannatech’s website.
Some pages of the Mannatech website may be protected by a password. Access to these pages is only possible for registered users. A user has no right to registration by Mannatech.
If registration is required the user is obligated to give correct data for registration and promptly communicate at the next visit any later changes in the data given for registration.
The user alone shall be responsible for the security of his password. He is not allowed to disclose such password to third parties. Should any unauthorized third parties obtain knowledge of the password, the user shall be obligated to promptly change his password.
Applicable Law and Venue
These Site Terms and any transactions thereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas applicable to agreements made and entirely to be performed within the State of Texas, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions shall be filed only in state or federal court located in Dallas County, Texas, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Site Terms.
In the event that any provisions hereunder should be wholly or partly invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
If a user has doubts about the security of this website or about copyrights or trademark rights, he shall inform Mannatech by email at email@example.com.
Mannatech stands behind the quality of its products and your satisfaction. If for any reason you try our product and are not completely satisfied, you may return it within 180 days of purchase for an exchange or refund of the product price and applicable tax.
To return used product for a refund you must:
- Complete the Return Authorization Request Form available in the Mannatech Resource Library.
- Comply with instructions found on the:
- Return Authorization Request Form
- Return empty or unused bottles in a package to Mannatech.
- You are responsible for return shipping costs, any insurance and tracking your return shipment package should it become necessary.
For a period of 180 days from the date of purchase, Mannatech will exchange for equal value any unopened, undamaged, restockable product (i.e., clean bottles) as follows:
- All exchanges will be done on a one-for-one, equal value basis.
- No exchange for opened or dirty bottles.
- The Company will pay the return postage for product going back to the customer.
NOTE: Retail Customer: Contact Customer Care [1-800-281-4469] within 30 days of purchase to obtain a Return Authorization Number and Product Return Form.
Shipping – Delivery Information
Mannatech makes every effort to ship orders within 24 hours of receipt, excluding weekends and holidays. Please:
- Inspect the package upon arrival for any damage and report the damage within seven (7) days.
- Review the order (compare package content against the packing slip) for accuracy and items that may be on backorder. [At no additional cost, backordered items are shipped separately as soon as they arrive at the warehouse.] Report all incomplete or inaccurate shipments within seven (7) days.
In the event your order does not arrive within ten (10) business days, contact Customer Service. Please have account number, order number, and shipment information available for the Customer Service Representative.
MANNATECH will process personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation EU-GDPR-2016/679). All data will be stored only in case of user’s consent or based on legal permission. This is based on Art 6 I lit. b GDPR the case if the data are necessary for the fulfillment of any contractual relation with the use, for the fulfillment of legal duties based on Art 6 I lit. c GDPR or in case of legitimate interest of Mannatech or a third party based on Art 6 I lit. d GDPR.
The responsible person is Mannatech, Incorporated, 1410 Lakeside Parkway, Suite 200 Flower Mound, TX 75028 USA
For registration, when buying our products, contacting us for asking questions or visiting our website for any other purpose, MANNATECH will collect the following personal data about you:
- mailing, invoice and shipping address,
- telephone number and/or fax number,
- email address,
- user name,
- zip code,
- birth date
- tax-ID-Number (Associates)
- credit card data,
- bank account number.
Use of personal data. MANNATECH may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- for answering your questions;
- for processing your orders and services; for this purpose it may also be necessary to contact you personally by telephone or email with regard to your order;
- if you have consented to receiving our special promotion offers by email.
- If you are a MANNATECH Associate we will use your personal data for communication with you about your activities and/or the earning possibilities offered by MANNATECH, and for informing you about our services, programs and offers you may be interested in.
MANNATECH will use your data only for the period required for the described purposes, unless the retaining of your data for a longer period is provided for or permitted by law.
Right of Revocation
You may revoke your consent to receiving promotional offers or to the future receipt of advertising information at any time by email at firstname.lastname@example.org You may easily and quickly unsubscribe from receiving newsletters by means of the link stated in every newsletter.
Transfer of Personal Data
- MANNATECH will transfer your data to persons providing services for us exclusively for the purpose of processing your orders or services. These service providers will process your data strictly in compliance with our instructions. They are strictly prohibited from using for their own purposes the data collected and processed for the execution of your orders.
- If you are interested in our products or in their personal presentation and ask to establish a contact, we will transmit for this purpose the personal data you have stated in the form to a MANNATECH-Associate.
- Your data will be stored on the MANNATECH server in the EU.
When you visit the website www.mannatech.com and their subdomains, MANNATECH may place information in the form of "cookies" on your computer, by means of which you will be automatically recognized when you visit the website the next time.
"Cookies" are text files which are stored on your hard drive and contain information about you. Cookies are used to offer you, among other things, better service through information tailored more to your needs and to making access to the website and its use more convenient. If you wish to remove these cookies, most of the Internet browsers will allow you to delete cookies from the hard drive of your computer in order to prevent cookies from being stored, or to have an alarm message pop up before a cookie is stored.
MANNATECH uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). The information about your use of the website created by cookies (including your anonymized IP address) is transferred to a server of Google in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information to analyze your use of the website, compile reports on website activities for website operators and provide further services relating to website and Internet use. Google will also transfer these data to third parties if provided for by law or to the extent such data are processed by third parties on behalf of Google. Google will in no case link your IP address with other data of Google.
You may block the installation of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; we would like to point out, however, that in this case you may not be able to have full access to all website functions. By using this website you agree to the processing of the data collected about you by Google in the way described above and for the aforementioned purposes.
If social plugins, e.g. from Facebook, are used on the website www.mannatech.com and their subdomains in order to make the online shop more personal, we will use the Facebook "Like" button (also known as "I-like-it-button”). These are features of the US company Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA).
In order to increase the protection of your data when visiting our websites, plugins are embedded into the website by means of so-called double-click solutions. The embedding of such plugins ensures that when visiting any page of our website containing such a plugin the generation of a link to the servers of the providers of such plugin will be blocked. Only when you activate the plugins and thereby consent to the transfer of the data will your browser generate a direct link to the servers of the providers. The contents of the respective plugin will then be transferred by the corresponding provider directly to your browser and embedded into the website.
When you visit a website that contains such a plugin, your browser generates a direct link to Facebook and the contents will be loaded from this website. This allows Facebook to trace back your visit of the website, however only if you actively use this function. If you have a Facebook account you may use such social plugin and share information with your friends. MANNATECH does not have any influence on the contents of the plugins and the transferred information.
Facebook provides detailed information on its websites about the scope, type, purpose and the processing of your data. For further information about your rights and the available settings for the protection of your privacy, please see http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
By logging out from the Facebook website and deleting the cookies placed you can prevent Facebook from collecting information about you during your visit of the website www.mannatech.com and their subdomains.
Changes in your Personal Data and Right of Information
If you wish to check, correct or delete any personal data provided to us at an earlier date, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Please clearly state in your request which data are concerned. We will deal with your request as soon as possible.
At your request, MANNATECH will inform you whether and what personal data are stored about you with us.
Updating of the Data Protection Policy
MANNATECH is entitled to modify this data protection policy. The modified policy will apply to all new users with immediate effect.
MANNATECH uses technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the data administrated by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are regularly adjusted to the latest state-of-the-art development. For the processing and transfer of data the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure is used.
CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”).
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statue (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e))
||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|D. Commercial information.
||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Biometric information.
||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|G. Geolocation data.
||Physical location or movements.
|H. Sensory data.
||Audio, electronic, visual, termal, olfactory, or similar information.
|I. Professional or employment-related information.
||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from documents that you provide to us related to the services for which you engage us.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website. For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide the Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, order processing and fulfillment, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services).
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose only to better serve you. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes pthe purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The Categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you;
- The categories of sources of such information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.